Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Check-In: 1 Week


From time to time I'll post a "check-in" where I review my progress. I've been at this for a little over a week now, so I though I'd briefly make note of some of the things I've done to get this experiment underway.

I am currently reading the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. This book and Mark's blog, Marks Daily Apple, are proving to be my road map on this journey.

I've stopped eating junk food. I haven't had any Cokes, candy bars, cookies, cake, donuts, etc. since I started.

I'm eliminating starches and processed foods. No breads, cereals, tortillas, potatoes, pasta, etc. I say "eliminating" because I still find myself eating some of these items inadvertently - like eating leftover Turkey Stoup that has egg noodles and potatoes (I wasn't willing to throw out an entire batch so I felt it was an ok compromise). My ultimate goal is to avoid these items altogether.

I have been cooking more at home. In the last week I have only eaten out a couple of times at lunch (and even then I made very sensible decisions). Usually we eat out multiple times a week, so this has been a big change.

I'm maintaining a daily food journal at Fitday.com.

I'm weighing myself daily and tracking it in a log.

I'm taking a daily photo of myself for a before and after time lapse.

I started the Power 90 Phase I-II workout DVD.

In retrospect I'd say that it was a pretty positive first week. I set some goals and for the most part have been sticking to them. I think the main thing I've accomplished is becoming more conscience of my food choices. This is something that I've struggled with in the past, so moving forward it will definitely be one of my main focuses.

I will continue to post brief recaps like this one every so often. I think they will be a useful tool to report my progress and help hold myself accountable.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment