Monday, January 4, 2010

U-Turn


180 (degree turn)
-noun
1. a reversal in direction
2. a complete reversal in thinking or behavior

experiment
-verb
1. to try or test, esp. in order to discover or prove something

I once heard human behavior compared to driving on a Freeway. If you're traveling in one direction and would like to be traveling in the other, the only thing to do is exit, turn around, and get back on going the right way. Make a u-turn. The longer you stay on driving in the wrong direction, the further you get from where you really want to be.

I guess I've been driving in the wrong direction for a while now. A poor diet and sedentary lifestyle have turned this once skinny kid into an overweight 30-something. Not where I want to be. Well, it's time to make a change. Time to reverse my behavior and prove that I can become the person that I want to be.

This blog's intent is to provide a measure of accountability for my efforts; a place to define my goals, review my flaws, track my progress, and share my success. If along the way a few people find it to be useful, motivational, or entertaining, then I will consider it a double success.

So, without further ado, time to exit and turn around.

Thanks for stopping by.
http://180experiment.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment