Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cleaning Out The Pantry


I've eliminated almost all sugars, high carb, and processed foods from my diet, but I hadn't eliminated them from our home. Our pantry was still full of chips, pastas, beans, rice, cornbread, cereal, pancake mix, cookies, candy, and donuts...all beckoning me to fall off the wagon and plunge back into my unhealthy habits.

Last weekend was Super Bowl Sunday, and while most of America was chowing down on pizza and wings, we cleaned house...or rather, cleaned pantry. We pretty much got rid of everything in our house that isn't primal. It was sure hard to box up all those foods that have been a part of my diet for so long.

But that's just the problem - the reason I'm doing this experiment in the first place is because all those foods have been a part of my diet for so long! If I hadn't been eating chips and cookies forever, I probably wouldn't need to lose weight, I wouldn't need to clean out my pantry, and I doubt I would be writing this blog. But, here I am, and this is just another step on this long road.

In case you're wondering, all the food collected from our pantry was either given to friends or donated to a local food bank.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment